Monday, May 4, 2009

two of my favorite things. . .

a colorful card . . .
and a cake.
Two of my favorite things!
It's been quite a while since I really decorated a cake. If you've stuck with me for quite a while, you'll remember I LOVE cake decorating. But the months of morning sickness sort of put a damper on the whole BAKING thing, so it felt good this past week, to scoop up some sugary sweet frosting and decorate away! The cake pan is a KitchenAid silicone pan which gave me the outline and shape of the sunflower. All I did was "color it in". :)

The card is using that fabulous "Surprise" line from Scenic Route - I just can't get enough of these bright colors!!! There was a card in the last issue of PaperCrafts, I'm so sorry I don't remember who made it, but it featured a bunch of little squares of patterned paper - and it totally rocked! What a FABULOUS way to use up lots of little scraps!! (All the little scraps I can't bear to part with!) (And the cute sentiment is from Hero Arts.)

Hey, one other tidbit for you. . .Apron Strings Designs has a new blog! Go check them out. I am so happy to be a card designer for them every few months - they have terrific scrapbooking AND card kits. (And I might just have a giveaway from them, to share with you, before too long!)

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Beautiful! I actually didn't know you decorated cakes, yum!

Lea L. said...

Ooooh...love that card Laura!!

~Lea