Saturday, February 6, 2010

sometimes i surprise myself . . .

this week's sketch (#152) at CPS had me stumped. and looking back, i'm not sure why, because after seeing everyone's cards this week, i am totally in love with them, and i want to try the sketch again! but despite my struggles, i changed up the design a bit, spent wayyy to long fussing with the layers and pieces on here - and REALLY like the outcome!!!! i also surprised myself because i can normally NOT pull off the shabby chic look. it just doesn't work for me. but this time, i am quite pleased (and pleasantly surprised) with the way this turned out!!! i hope you like it too!!!

i am happy to be popping a copy of Stamp It! Cards in the mail to sweet Jamie today!! enjoy, my friend!!!! :) and now, mr. B and I have a project to do . . . fill the sink with soapy water and wash up all of baby brother's toys. i love enlisting the help of a five-year-old whenever i can. i'd much rather wash toys together than play Legos . . . AGAIN!!! :)
xoxoxox

5 comments:

Susan aka Mimi said...

I'll play legos - just send Bryce over!

Love the card Laura. Lots of eye appeal!

Jamiecrafts said...

thanks again Laura, i'm assuming you got my email ;) i'll let you know when it gets here :)

I love the card too, the challenge is not always fun but it gets you thinking outside the box.. right?!

Michelle said...

VERY pretty card, Laura.

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors you used.
JoAnn

Ladybug said...

Love it! The colors, the style - fabulous!