Monday, May 17, 2010

grow. . . breathe. . . enjoy

I shared this card on my mom's blog a few weeks ago, but I don't think I shared it here.. . .this card is based on this week's CPS sketch, #167 . I used all Close To My Heart goodies on here. I LOVE this big tree - this card is actually 5x7, a size I don't use very often, but I needed to, to get this giant TREE on here!!! I am in the midst of another card using this tree, that I'll share later this week! :)

I think I am going to go back and add some little knots in embroidery floss to the chipboard buttons. I am finding that it's best for me to make a card (probably using as little as adhesive as possible) and look at it for a few days on my desk, before I decide if it really is finished. SO often lately, I am going back to my cards after a few days and either totally redoing them, or changing this or that. Do you know the dental floss trick? If you have something you've glued together, and you need to seperate the layers . . .try carefully sliding dental floss between them, wiggling it back and forth and it will often help you seperate elements or layers from your project. (I have been doing that quite often lately!!!)

Have a wonderful Monday! It's rainy and cloudy here .. .and I need a cup of coffee!!!
OXOX

2 comments:

scrappingnana said...

Cute card and nice colors. TFS

Sam said...

Great card. I love the buttons everywhere and thanks for the flossing tip. I myself am a firm fan of Un-Du.