Friday, October 8, 2010

Boo! (Apron Strings October kit)


I. Love. This. Paper. It's the Blackbird line from My Mind's Eye. Somehow, even though I LOVE MME, I hadn't seen this paper before it arrived in my October kit from Apron Strings Designs. It is ADORABLE! Lots of polka dots, and these CUTIE PIE trick-or-treaters. I love CUTE Halloween stuff! On this first card, I pretty much just cut the images off the paper, and stuck them onto a card base. I added some foam tape in a few spots, and I "opened" up the doors, and added one of my trick-or-treaters inside. Even the letters were on the piece of paper, so although it was intricate, it was fun, mindless work. And I LOVE how it turned out.This second card is more of a quick and simple card. The gold rub-on alphabet is from Jenni Bowlin, and oh my, those rub-ons go on like BUTTER. Simply smooth as can be, and they look AWESOME on the black cardstock.

Apron String's October kit
is NOT all about Halloween. There are some other really pretty papers from BasicGrey and American Crafts. If you are looking for something fun to play with, I highly recommend this kit! You can see the whole kit on the website (plus a sneak peek at some of my other samples on the slideshow.) I'll have more to share over the next few weeks!

2 comments:

Nancy Durant said...

Oh cute cards!I really like the house with the doors that open. The kids with the big eyes are fun!

Michelle said...

FUN! The bug eyed kids, the little door, polka dot trees, just adorable.