Tuesday, October 5, 2010

zoom go the days


With a one year old in the house, we are very much into what SOUND everything makes. "The cat says Meow", "The dog says Woof! Woof!" and the days, it seems say "ZOOOOOM" as they fly right by! I am holding on tight, and trying to savor each and every one. October is my FAVORITE - the weather is starting to cool off a bit. We even opened the house up this week - HOORAY!!!! We'll still have some warm days ahead, but this little break feels AMAZING. I love October too, because we start to feel the anticipation of the truly CHILLY days, and fun holiday festivities, from Halloween, the hubby's birthday, Thanksgiving, Mr. B's birthday, and then Christmas. Phew. I always try to get ahead in October, because it's a downward spiral of insanity from here on until New Years!
This first card I have to share with you, is using the new Christmas set from The {Stamps} of Life. I stamped the holly background, colored it with colored pencils, and then added the gems for a bit of bling. A double scalloped border, and some Papertrey ribbon finished it off.

The second card features those hippie dippie "So Groovy" stamps, at Gina K Designs, designed by my friend Tami Mayberry. I used Papertrey Ink patterned paper, and Close To My Heart ink to create this color scheme (which I LOVE, of course, because teal and green are my go-to colors!)

Speaking of paper, and fabulous colors. . . .yesterday I got my first box of cardstock from Discount Cardstock. 10 pounds of cardstock - DUDE. So fun! I got a big package of Teal Prismatics (Intense Teal and Frosted Teal) Lime Denim, plus a bunch of other great papers. I. Am. EXCITED. Excited to play, and excited to share this great company with you. If you need cardstock, you seriously need to stop by and check out the selection. I am drooling over the color swatch book, and already planning what I want to get next!

Okay, onward to do 10 other things before the little man is up from his nap! I hope you have a GREAT day.

No comments: