Sunday, January 2, 2011

happy new year!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
we're home sweet home.
we figured we may as well come back, since the snow melted! (wink wink!)
we had THE best time.
all-time favorite trip to my parents' cabin.
EVER.
great weather, great food, great family, great fun.
but i think we're all agreed - as much as we LOVED the snow. . .
we are SO glad we don't LIVE in it.
snow pants on.
snow pants off.
gloves on.
gloves off.
wet snow.
wet mud.
dirty shoes.
dirty bottoms.
wet jeans.

for all of you that live in snowy weather, especially if you have children - i have a new found respect, and pity for each of you. what a PAIN IN THE NECK!!! the time it takes just to get them bundled up equals the time they last outside!
The scene from A Christmas Story keeps running through my brain, "I can't put my arms down!!!"
I have GOT to get everything unpacked and put away, and finish cleaning up the Christmas chaos from before we left! And the tree. . .oh the tree will have to wait another day!
I am looking forward to the fresh start of the new year, and I'll be back soon to share some projects, and maybe some thoughts about the new year! It's always a good time to think back - and think ahead!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
(If you're still reading this blog, I'd love to know what you are looking forward to in the new year. no one talks to me anymore - or still.)
OXOXO

6 comments:

Tobey said...

Laura, I always read your blog!! I love seeing your cards...are you doing much scrapping? always fun to see the kids, they are getting so big! Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family!!!!

Laura Williams said...

No Tobey, I hardly EVER scrapbook!!!! I have resorted to photo pages in my album. I am thinking I might try to do a few pages this year though, because Bryce has lots from when he was little, and poor Tanner has NO scrapbook pages at ALL!!! Happy New Year to you too!! :)

Nancy Durant said...

I mm looking forward to more pictures of your creative work and your adorable boys. I love all the snow pics!

Carol D said...

So sorry, I often visit but hardly ever comment, I thinks most of us just want a nosey. I do love your cards and your blog (I have you linked on mine.)

I hate the snow and there is no way you would get me to go out in it if I didn't have to.

I will try to comment more.

Hugs Carol xx

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a ball. I wanted to come hitch a ride with you so Poppy could pull me around in the sled!

Tobey said...

Laura, a bunch of us that are on Facebook from the 4SS are trying to pull a quick and easy cyber crop together for the weekend of January 14th....maybe you can get a page or two, and i know I will post a card challenge, because I have been doing more cards than pages lately! LOL! you can check out a little site I set up a while ago, but never really caught on, or find me on Facebook, I think we will post challenges both places....

http://scrapthosememories.freeforums.org/index.php