Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top 10 (or so) of 2010

The fabulous Lea Lawson inspired me (as always) - this time she inspired me to share my favorite cards of the year. I am thankful that many of my favorites are out for publication, so just like she did, I'd like to share some of my favorites that I CAN share!

Oh October Afternoon, how I love you! I just love the way this card came together. It was one of those that I just started laying things down. . .and they worked!


This card features one of my favorite stamp sets from The {Stamps} of Life. And some paper from My Mind's Eye. And there's polka-dots. . ..another of my favorite things!

This was the year I started really attempting clean and simple. And this is one of the cleanest and simplest cards I created this year. And I love it. Tulip ink from Close To My Heart - it's one of my go-to colors!

My Mind's Eye blew me over again, with this ADORABLE Halloween paper. I cut and trimmed and trimmed and cut, and pieced this together on a big 6x6 card. It didn't take too much creativity, because it's basically right off the 12x12 paper, but I just had such fun with this!

Joining the team at Discount Cardstock has been a HUGE deal this past year! Cardstock, cardstock, and more cardstock!!!! Every color I can imagine!!! I created this card with their new Posh Paper Kits. November 2010 to be exact. And I paired it with stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps. And I am pretty sure this was a CPS card. (Another amazing team to work with!)

This just might be my ALLtime favorite though, if I had to pick just one card. October Afternoon paper (but I think the green is Jillibean Soup.) Unity Stamps. Paper-piecing. My favorite technique of them all.

Thinking ahead to this year, I still need to make some goals. Some of my crafting goals of past years were: to get published (check!) join a stamp company design team team (check! check!) join a paper team (check!) feed my habit through design team work and publications. . .(check! check! check! hooray!) One of my goals NEEDS to be to do a little bit of scrapbooking. Poor child #2 has zero layouts in the book, and child #1 has bunches!

I am so blessed to do what I love, and to share what I love! And I LOVE you and thank YOU for coming by!

2 comments:

Nancy Durant said...

I am very partial to the top card, the retro school kids. Fun stuff. Get busy make pages of Tanner. get your mom to help!

Lea L. said...

All of your favorite cards are awesome Laura!! I adore that last one...the colors are amazing and I love the paper piecing! Can't wait to see what you do in 2011! ♥♥♥