Thursday, July 14, 2011

Up and Down . . crossword style!

Hey there chickies! How much FUN was the DCS/The Twinery blog hop last week!? Thank you SO much for all of your sweet comments.  I had THE best time reading them all!! I am trying to swing by some of YOUR blogs to say hello too!

Today I'd like to share two of my cards using one of the new releases at The {Stamps} of Life.  It's called standup4sentiments, and as you can see. . .the sentiments are standing up! Fun, huh!? I immediately thought of this October Afternoon patterned paper with the crossword print on it! PERFECTION!
On this second card, I used TWO of the new sets.  The sentiment is another from standup4sentiments, but I also used type4backgrounds.  It's an alphabet background stamp, and after I stamped it, I punched out some circles to put behind my buttons.  (I also used the dotted circle from the very FIRST TSOL stamp set, called Back2Basics.)  You can find all of the sets on the PRODUCTS page.
I must say, I am rather proud of this second card, mainly because I used PURPLE.  And I HATE purple.  But I also HATE wasting paper.  I had the cardstock, plus some unloved, unused purple buttons, and I was determined to make it work! And I don't even hate the way it turned out.  Miraculous!

Thanks so much for coming by today, especially if you are new to my blog!  I didn't update this week, because I was trying to keep the blog hop post at the top, but I will be back in a few days with some more NEW CARDS!!!

Happy Thursday!
xoxo

3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Love your crossword card...I solve them every morning! :)

Nancy Durant said...

Love both of these! The crossword is fun and I love the strong design of the thank you card. So clever Laura!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

LOL You are so funny about hating purple...Love the card! I have Type4Backgrounds coming to me soon! (and a few others! LOL :) )

Love the top card, you are simply so clever!