Monday, October 10, 2011

bring the BLING!

I think that Want2Scrap has been one of my favorite sponsors at CPS this year. . . another great example of a company that I might not have purchased from, but WILL be purchasing from in the future, thanks to the Card Positioning Systems blog.  Want2Scrap was a new-to-me company.  They have BLING, BLING, BLING, and a lot of it coordinates with Nestabilities dies.  But I don't HAVE any Nestabilities (yet - but that's a different story!)  so I kind of thought - Ugh, is this going to be a drag to use? But guess what, they are super EASY to use and a lot of fun.  Plus the big sheets of pearls and jewels will last you through MANY a project.  I've used them on just about everything I've created lately, and I think I WILL be restocking shortly!!!
Today I'd like to share two cards featuring the Want2Scrap jewels with you.  This first is based on this week's sketch at CPS.  
 I used Christmas trees from The Cat's Pajamas (you may recognize them from the craft fair Christmas tags I shared a few weeks ago!)  The sentiment, that sweet little bitty "merry" is from The {Stamps} of Life.  The cardstock here (from Discount Cardstock) is called Posh Wagon Red Dungaree.  If you look closely, it has a really nice subtle texture to it, that looks a lot like denim.  So beautiful!

On this second card, I created a nice little row of pearls, along with stamps from Gina K (Tami Mayberry's All Occasion Tags set. . . .HOW much do I love this stamp set? TONS!)  The yellow crepe paper from Discount Cardstock totally adds an added texture and detail to this project that I just LOVE.

Thanks so much for coming by today.  And thank you so much to those who hopped this weekend for Operation Julie's Smile.  I had so much fun reading allllllll of your comments! And finally, with a few hours to spare, I finished the hop myself, last night! Phew! 121 blogs?! That's a LOT!!!!!  Have a terrific week! We are in the midst of some blustery, rainy weather here - and I LOVE it.  Going to drink coffee, and fill a box of junk-I mean treasures - to take to Goodwill today.
xoxo

2 comments:

scrappingnana said...

Nice cards. TFS

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I love these cards Laura. Just love all that open space. They just catch my eye. Thank you for sharing in my Dirty Dozen reveal day! Hugs, Lisa