Sunday, June 9, 2013

The week in review. . . . (plus a couple of cards!)

Two cards I've had sitting in my stash, and I never shared them. . . .

The first, featuring Unity Stamps.  I love that dress form! It's so fun to paper-piece.  I had a card published last year, where I stamped the dress on ribbon, and paper-pieced it. Super fun to play with!

 The second, featuring Gina K Designs. Another fun paper-pieced project.  That coffee reminds me I haven't had MINE yet, so I'll keep this short and sweet, so I can get out the door to church on time!


Other news in my week. . . .
this kiddo celebrated the end of 2nd grade, with s'mores, and campout treats at his class party.  I was so happy I was able to attend, and party with the kids.  I used to be a teacher, and there's nothing like the fun of the last week of school! (The first week, and the last week were always my favorite!) It was fun to be a part of the chaos, excitement, and mess of it all!


I had to take a picture of this - thanks to B's brilliant teacher (and some help from Pinterest) she found THE cutest ideas.  The kids scooped their own trail mix - and she used paper grocery bags for all the fixin's. BRILLIANT I say.  I would have been hunting down buckets and bins all day long, but she just whipped this all together. SO smart! (And such easy cleanup!)


 The final lunchbox of the year. . . .
(the day after his party. complete with leftover trail mix for a snack!)

 And then, as if all that wasn't enough, he had his first karate belt test that evening. He broke a board, did his fabulous karate moves, and earned a new belt!!!! (Woooohoooo!)

 So, we HAD to celebrate with frozen yogurt at Sweet Frog afterward!

We're out of town this week, galavanting off on our first summer adventure! I'll try to pop in once or twice though! I hope your summer is off to a fabulous start!
xoxo


No comments: