Friday, August 16, 2013

Go Your Own Way! {Hero Arts}


Remember last week when I was telling you how I had hardly any travel stamps? And that I had recently accumulated some really GREAT ones!? (Like the Close To My Heart set I featured in the previous post!) I also mentioned some new Hero Arts stamps, so I thought I'd show them to you today!

I used the Travel set from Hero Arts on this card, along with patterned paper from October Afternoon (Farm Girl and Travel Girl).  These stamps are cling stamps, meaning they are rubber stamps, that stick onto a clear block.  What I LOVE about them, is that the image is also stamped onto the cling back, so even though it isn't a clear stamp, I can SEE where I'm stamping my image. LOVE LOVE LOVE that.

There are some great journaling squares to stamp, plus lots of great little graphics and sentiments, in this stamp set.  I created a little travel scene, and popped the vehicles up on foam tape.  Which reminds me. . . .I actually used an airplane from another stamp set, because it was facing the right direction.  (I think it's October Afternoon. . . . I'll have to double check on that for you!!!!)

In other news, today is Open House, and Monday my not-so-little 3rd grader starts school.  I'll admit, I'm getting a little anxious to establish a new routine, and get on a schedule.  We've been flitting around all summer, and it has been AWESOME. . . but it's TIME.  Know what I mean??

Okay, off to the last weekend of summer fun. Please, PLEASE - come back on Monday! I'm blog hopping with the Tombow Adhesive crew, and I am excited to share a GREAT project.  (You may have seen it featured on the Paper Crafts blog, this past week. . . . but I'll be back with more details, photos, and explanations! Oh and of course - a PRIZE!)

Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo

3 comments:

Nancy Durant said...

This is a very fun card! Like the scallops and the sentiment is fun.

Unknown said...

Awesome design, love the PP!

Michelle said...

Cute card! I like your DP choices and the bold black on the soft colors.