Sunday, September 1, 2013

Make Christmas in September {The Stamps of Life}

It's the first of the month! September! Goodbye summer. (Except here in Florida we still have another two or three months of warm summer-like weather!)

If you create your own holiday cards, it's probably a good time to start thinking, planning, and getting organized. (Even if you don't actually start the cards for another two months or so!) 

The new lights4christmas set from The Stamps of Life is a great start to the holiday-card-making season! On this first card I used glittered cardstock from DCWV.  I stamped with Staz-On ink, and added a swirl of twine.


I created a diecut shaped card for this second card.  The Framelits dies are so much fun to make shaped cards.  I used the Majestic 2 Framelits for this. Fold cardstock to create a card, and then line the die up just outside of the folded edge, so that the fold doesn't get cut.  And ta-DAH. . .a shaped card!


 A little more DCWV cardstock on this next one.  I used just the sweet little sentiment tags to make this quick and simple card.

And last, but certainly not least, I used Stephanie Barnard's brand new Sizzix Fancy Frame Flip-its #2 die for this card. (Featuring some more DVWV cardstock! Ha! I didn't even realize I had pulled from DCWV for all of these cards!) 


Supplies: 

Majestic 2 Framelits dies - find it at Sizzix or at scrapbook.com
Fancy Frame Flip-it die find it at Sizzix or at scrapbook.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Adorable! Love the glitter paper on the first card!