Saturday, October 5, 2013

Happy WCMD!

WCMD? If you're a die-hard card-maker, then WCMD probably rolls off your typing fingers quite easily. Today is World Card Making Day . . . .seriously, this proves that there is a holiday for EVERYTHING. ;) {giggle giggle!} I'm thankful to live in a land that dedicates a day to talking like a pirate, as well as making cards.

I am so appreciative of the super kind comments and truthful thoughts that many of you shared about Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine, on my last post.  I think the overwhelming response is, 'I'll give it a try but I love the print magazine in my hands." (As do I!) All I can reiterate is this: 12 special issues. 12 special PRINT issues. TWELVE. You can grab them at the craft store, the book store, or wherever you normally buy crafting magazines.  {Hey - it's an excuse to head to JoAnn or Michael's, right!?} So let's think of this as the best of both worlds: digital inspiration on your computer or tablet EVERY month, plus print magazines every month!

And as promised in my last post, I have been sticking goodies into a box and I've drawn a lucky winner from the comments I received.  Miss Niki G. . . .come on downnnnnnnn! I read on Niki's blog that she's had a cold this week, so I hope that a box of goodies will brighten her day! 

And now, since it's WCMD, a few cards to share.  Remember when I shared about my day at CKC, creating cards from scrapbook layouts? I think I told you that I created gobs more cards with the leftovers from that generous kit of supplies, from My Mind's Eye. . .so here are two more of them! 




Both of these cards were created with the Notable collection from My Mind's Eye. It's bright and cheery and it just makes me happy! I can say that I have used every single speck of my stash. I spent an entire evening trimming flowers from a sheet of 12x12 paper, and used each and every one of them on cards. Oodles. Of. Cards.

After all. . . .it IS World Card Making Day - a day it's okay to admit you are crazy about PAPER!
Hugs, my friends! Have a terrific weekend, and thanks for stopping by! 
xoxo

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

These cards are so bright and fun Laura! LOVE them!

Niki G said...

Laura you are the sweetest! Truly feeling blest and finally at the tail end of the cold! Great cards as well?..love the idea of taking a scrapbook LO and using them on cards!

Asya Craft said...

Hi Laura, I really love your work :o) I am a brand new blogger and I am glad I found you here. I like your ideas - great job :o)
Love,
Asya