I'd like to share a sneak peek of the January issue of the beautiful new Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine! It's everything familiar and loved from Paper Crafts, plus Creating Keepsakes, all rolled into one beautiful digital magazine. There are features on washi tape, constellations, vellum, and MORE. Hello trendy inspiration!
I'll be totally honest with you - the announcement that Paper Crafts bimonthly issues would be going digital was initially crushing to me. I was hugely anticipating the January/February print issue, because it would be my first published issue as a Go-to Gal. I was stunned, and disappointed, and selfishly grieving the loss of "my" magazine in my mailbox. I felt sad to see Creating Keepsakes cease publication, and to know of the kind and talented staff that lost their jobs in the process. And at the same time I felt so blessed to still have a little spot at the new Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine, and I'm excited to be a part of this new adventure.
I know many of Paper Crafts loyal and crafty readers and contributors have also felt an element of frustration and disappointment, (and thankfully many of you are super excited too!) It's CHANGE - and most of us don't love CHANGE. I get that. It's different, and it may take some learning and reconditioning but I hope you'll hang in there and join us - because GREAT things are in store. I'm not saying that because it's what I'm "supposed to say." I really and truly mean it.
Can I share a few cool things that I'm excited about? (Some of which you may already know, and some may be new-to-you facts!)
1. The new Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking digital issues will come out MONTHLY, instead of bimonthly. That means brand new inspiration EVERY SINGLE MONTH! I'm excited about THAT!
2. You can print, and share, and pin pages. Do you have a "Favorite Cards" board on Pinterest? Maybe it's time to create one! What about a "Best of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking" board, where you pin your favorite projects from the magazine?
3. I'm excited to have some scrapbooking and paper-crafted projects all in one magazine. Even if you aren't "a scrapbooker" have you ever considered gleaning card inspiration from a layout? (You can see my layout-inspired cards on this Paper Crafts Connection blog post.) I have actually rekindled my scrapbooking bug just a little bit, as I've been recently organizing the last 5 years or so of family photos. I'm ready to find some scrappy inspiration inside my favorite magazine!
4. Have you ever looked at a project and thought, "That's a great technique, but I need more help." OR "OhhhhMmmmGeeeee! I NEED that stamp set, and I need it NOW!" Well - get ready because in Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking, there will be interactive content at your fingertips. Links. Blogs. Tutorials. Videos. Product information. BAM. I love it.
5. One last glittering fun fact. . . .did you know there will still be TWELVE printed in-your-hand issues available on newsstands throughout the year? All those special issues that we love, like Card Creations, and Stamp It! Cards - they're still here. That's sort of like the silver lining - we have the best of both worlds, print issues to grab off the shelf, and digital issues with amazing interactive content.
Seriously - I am EXCITED. I hope you are too! And if you aren't. . .please give it a chance. Don't be disappointed or intimidated by the word "digital". The entire staff of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking is here to help you make the transition if you're feeling wary and unsure about these changes. This is a GOOD thing!!!! Let's make it AMAZING together!
Now - if you still happen to be reading this, please leave me a comment, and I am going to fill up a box of crafty fabulous goodness for a one lucky person! I'll draw a name on Friday morning, October 4th.