Wednesday, December 4, 2013

New stamps! Sampler2love {The Stamps of Life}

I know December is off and running, but thanks to a little vacation over Thanksgiving break, I am running a few days behind! I'm quite pleased to introduce you to sampler2love, a new stamp set from The Stamps of Life

I had fun with this stamp set (and if you follow along with TSOL releases, you can probably guess that pretty soon there will be coordinating dies in the shop - giggle giggle!) 

I stamped a bunch of goodies and then just made some little collages for these first few cards. I used some woodgrain cardstock and die cut a cute little frame that I popped up on foam tape, around the faux chalkboard "love". Super fun to play with! 

 And on this next card, I used ONLY the dies that will soon be released, plus a sentiment from phone4you.
 And one last card for the day - a shaped card. I love to make these shaped cards, using the Sizzix Framelits dies. This one, Majestic Labels #2, works particularly well because it has a flat side for the bottom and top. When making a card from a die, just fold your cardstock in half and set the folded side just INSIDE the cutting edge (so it doesn't cut.) Magically, a cute little card will appear! And while we're discussing die-cutting. . . .I held out as long as I could, but I finally sprang for the new magnetic platform for my Big Shot - holy cow that thing is GREAT! It holds the dies in place, which is really helpful with tiny dies, or using multiple dies at once. It's totally genius! (If you aren't a die-cutting crafter. . . .sorry for the die-cutting mumbo jumbo!)

That's all I have for ya today! I am scrambling this week, to put together a Pokemon birthday party for my soon-to-be-nine-year-old! Pokemon - ugh! It just proves how much I love him! ;)
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope your holiday weekend was delicious and festive and fun!
xoxo


No comments: