Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Butterfly Drift {Simon Says Stamp}

It is so NICE to just sit down and CREATE, isn't it? After doing some crafting "work" (which don't get me wrong, can still be quite fun) I was happy to sit down and just put together this card for no reason/assignment/occasion in particular. 

I was really excited to try out this beautiful Butterfly Drift die from Simon Says Stamp. It looked really neat, but MY OH MY, I gasped when I took it off the die-cutting machine! It is SO beautiful and delicate! I don't generally go gaga over butterflies, but this is a REALLY neat die! It's part of the brand new Mothers & Fathers 2014 release at Simon Says Stamp, and I see SO many possibilities with this die. (There's a Stars Parade die that is really similar. . . I can't wait to try that one out too!)

The sentiment is from the new Flower Garden stamp set. What a gorgeous font, isn't it!? I stamped it in white pigment ink.


And I'm sorry but I need to point out the fact that I NEVER - EVER use purple. Seriously - it hardly ever happens. A purply pink maybe, but purple just doesn't happen. And what's this? Purple cardstock? Oh my, what's happening to me!? (I'm surprised I even HAVE any purple cardstock in my stash!) But that's me - living on the edge. And I think this card stock is *just* pinky enough that I can handle it. 



Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll stop by Simon Says Stamp to see their entire Mothers and Fathers 2014 release. I'm sure I'll have some more projects to share from these great products soon! Have a terrific week! 

3 comments:

Jingle said...

I absolutely LOVE this! Gorgeous card!

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful card! I love the added element of the 3-D butterfly!

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love that pop of gold on the side too.