Saturday, May 3, 2014

Home sweet home!

(the seven Go-to Gals at the Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking office)

Home.
Home after a week of 
fun 
controlled chaos 
business
creativity
crafting
snow (yes, snow!)
brainstorming
eating of peanut M&Ms
hashtags
chick flicks
bonding
planning
evaluating
looking back
and most importantly
looking ahead.

As we begin work on the December issue, we are excited to produce another great year of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking.  I left this week of meetings feeling really inspired and excited about the future of our magazine. And when I say, our magazine, I mean yours and mine. I think what I love the most about this publication is the interaction and creativity of the readers and submitters. It would be nothing without us working together to make it happen. 

If you haven't submitted your creativity to the magazine, I hope you'll consider it. And if you don't have a subscription to this magazine, I hope you'll consider it. We could have another big chat about whether or not you're willing to read a digital magazine, but I'll save that for another time and just say. . . .I didn't think I'd love it. I didn't think I'd even like it. But I have to tell you. I really sort of do! The links. Zooming in. The color and photo quality. Having all my issues in one place. It's kind of amazing.  

I'll stop rattling on. I hope that through our Facebook posts, our plethora of Instagram photos (try #2014edboard on FB or Instagram) and our blog posts, that you'll share our enthusiasm for this hobby, and this publication. It's going to be a GREAT year! 

Here are some links you might enjoy!


Submit your projects to Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking (December call is coming any day!)

Submissions Facebook Group (this is a great place to get information and ask questions about the process, as well as celebrate when the acceptance emails go out!)


2 comments:

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Thanks for this post, Laura. It's been fun seeing all the pics through FB and instagram and get a peek of things that happened behind the scene. Looking forward to all the things you all planned for us. :)

Unknown said...

I've enjoyed the fun photos and FB posts of your weekend. What an experience! Looking forward to seeing all of your hard work played out in the year ahead. I'll admit I wasn't ecstatic about the news of going digital, but I have come to adjust and love the added extras of videos and tips!