Monday, July 21, 2014

Christmas in July: Day 1 {Paper Smooches}

In the magazine world, we work 6-7 months ahead of time. So it's not unusual to be working on Christmas and Valentine's Day during the summer months. It can make a girl kinda crazy. Stamp companies also work a few months out. So in order for you to have shiny new Christmas stamps during the fall months, to begin your cards, designers are often crafting up Christmas samples during not-so-festive months.

In Florida, when the weather is a "cozy" 95 degrees, it can be challenging to feel that Christmas magic. At any rate, I thought it would be fun to spend this week (while I'm on vacation) sharing some Christmas cards I've had laying around. So check back over the next few days, and maybe you'll just get inspired to get a head-start on your winter crafting!

I have two cards to share with you today, and they both feature Paper Smooches Stamps. The stamps from Paper Smooches pretty much just make cute cards the second they hit paper. I've been a Kim Hughes fan for as long as my crafty brain can remember.

So on this first card, I think I was aiming to use non-holiday product, to create a holiday card (with the sentiment being the exception.) I really love doing that. It's creativity-building to look at your supplies in a new way, and my affinity for aqua usually causes aqua to fall into a lot of my holiday cards! I'm feeling like this striped paper is from Echo Park, but I'm sorry to say I cannot remember what it is. I love the way the Streamers die looks behind the circles. I run to those banners pretty regularly for sentiments, and accents. I finished this card off with Paper Smooches Heart dies, layered as an accent. 


Next, I have to admit, I'm not even sure how long ago I made this card! It's been sitting in the "archives" for quite a while. I really super love it though! Just as I like to take non-holiday products and turn them into holiday projects, you may have noticed I also like to take some liberties when it comes to holiday color schemes. Pink and citrus. . . .yes, it IS a holiday color scheme! I used a snowman from Swanky Snowdudes, and I created a little background with a the diamonds square, from the Potpourri stamp set.

Check back on Wednesday, for some more Christmas in July inspiration . . .I've got some Technique Tuesday projects to share with you! Thanks so much for stopping by! Season's greetings!!! (Giggle!)

Peace & Joy card supplies:

Season's Greetings card supplies:
Swanky Snowdudes -Paper Smooches
Potpourri - Paper Smooches


1 comment:

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, dearie!!!