Friday, January 30, 2015

It's a birthday bash! {Winnie & Walter}


It's an exciting week over at Winnie & Walter, and I am thrilled to help celebrate their 1st birthday, as well as usher in their latest new release, which will go live tonight at 10PM CST.

I have a few little lovelies to share with you, showcasing the new stamps being released - they're all about celebrating! I make a lot of birthday cards during the year, so I'm always excited about new products to inspire my cards.

On this first card, I used the new sets, Sugar Rush and The Big, the Bold and Party. The sets pair so perfectly together, you're really going to want them both! I also used the new Scenery: Stripes set to add that nice little dotted line detail. From my current W&W stash I pulled out the happy die from The Big, the Bold and the Happy Cutaways. Cutaways are Winnie & Walter's metal dies, and these word dies are so much fun to use. I just love them!

Next, I created a card with an upcycled element. Do you know what it is????? It's the sweet tag that accompanied my package from Winnie & Walter. I flipped it over and used the back as a base for my donut image. I stamped the stand right on the tag, and then I fussy cut the donuts from cardstock. After coloring them, I added some clear dimensional glaze to the frosted parts of the donuts. For a more substantial bow, I doubled up my twine before tying it.
And last (but not least) a little birthday card trio. I often like to create a few coordinating cards while I have a stash of supplies out. Might as well crank out a few extras, while I've got my mess assembled, right? These would be the start of a great gift set, as well. 
I created a little formula or pattern for these cards - it helps me stay focused and less overwhelmed with possibilities. Each image was stamped on a block of white cardstock, (and I stuck to just three ink colors.) I added a strip of black cardstock, and glitter tape to the bottom of each. I added a few quick embellishments with enamel stars, dots using Tsukineko's irRESISTable Pico Embellisher and a few hole-punched dots from the glitter tape. 





Thanks so very much for coming by - if you haven't been over to the Winnie & Walter blog yet today, please stop by - there's so very much celebrating going on, and there's lots to see! 

Winnie & Walter supplies:

Other supplies:
Tsukineko Pico Embellisher (at Simon Says Stamp) (at scrapbook.com

4 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

These are so bright and happy and excellent showcases of your talent!

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE all of these!!!

Celeste Goff said...

What fantastic cards! I love the great set you whipped together while you had your stash out.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh these are all so fabulous.