Sunday, August 30, 2015

Hello! {Technique Tuesday plus a little blog refreshing}

I've been doing a little work on the bloggity-blog, so I wanted to pop in and say HI. This is a card I did months ago. Maybe even a year ago. So I couldn't quite tell you what all I used. The Say It- Hello die is from Technique Tuesday. I do know that, (and I love it. As a side note - seriously, have you looked at Technique Tuesday lately? I swear their dies just keep getting cuter and cuter!)

I created this card for an unpublished issue of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine. (Sniffle. I still miss our beloved magazine, don't you?) This card was to showcase the idea of focal point. So, indeed this card has a pretty strong, well, FOCAL POINT. Having a focal point means that your eyes know just where to rest on a project (often without us even realizing it.) And then the eye naturally keeps coming back to that point. Often, a project can become so busy that different elements of it compete for our attention. This idea holds true for cards, scrapbook layouts, paintings, photography - any type of visual art. 

So, there you go - your daily dose of art education. (I knew there was a reason I majored in Art Education!) 

And as for the blog - I may make a few more tweaks, but thank you for stopping by today! If you have thoughts or suggestions, I'd love to hear them! (Maybe it doesn't even look different to you - and if so, that's okay too!) 


2 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Blog's looking great! :)

Happy Dance said...

I love it when my eyes know just where to go. It makes my brain happy! Darling card, and I'll be checking out TT again. Your blog looks good to me; CAS and bright too. Have a great week. Bev