Wednesday, October 21, 2015

You're Batty Halloween Card {Fun Stampers Journey}

Boo! It's almost trick-or-treat time! How about a fun Halloween card today? This card hasn't been seen on the Fun Stampers Journey blog - I created it just for you, for my little ol' blog!
I had fun using a variety of stamps to create the background on this card. Overlapping stamps and colors is a creative way to make a unique background for any image. I combined FSJ's Media Pattern, Creepy Crawly, and House To Home stamp sets to create a happy hangout for my bat.  I embossed the bat with Clear Pigment Ink, and Journey Black Embossing Powder, so he has a great puffy texture and shine in real life. To attach the bat, I popped him up on some foam squares for lots of dimension. I left a lot of white space to balance out all the busy patterns going on - it's always good to give the eyes a resting spot. 


Using background stamps, and texture/pattern stamps, we can create limitless looks on a card base. Experimenting with overlapping patterns and colors is one of my favorite ways to craft lately.What have you been creating? I'd love to sneak a peek! Link me up and I'll stop by and visit your blog!

PS. Don't forget the Fun Stampers Journey Fall Fest Sale going on through October 31st. Check out this short video featuring more Halloween and Thanksgiving projects from FSJ!





Products Used on Today's Project:




3 comments:

taniawillis said...

oh my goodness, this is SOOOOOOOO stinkin' ADORABLE!!!! i'm going to have to recreate this like a dozen times over to give to the girls' teachers. thanks for the inspiration so i don't have to think! LOVE IT!

Shelly said...

SUPER cute!!

Vanessa said...

I love this card so much, Laura!! Super cute!!