Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Happy Day heart card {Fun Stampers Journey}

I have a few more Valentines cards I want to share before Valentines Day has come and gone, so I better get blogging! Honestly, today's card would be appropriate for a lot of days other than February 14th. I'm always a fan of bright bold colors, with a jolt of black and white. You may have noticed this a time or two, if you've followed my work for a while! I really enjoy just layering on embellishments, stamping, and die cuts onto a white card base and calling it DONE. There's something freeing about spending less time on the layout and the layers and the trimming. I just toss it all on there, move it around till it feels right, and then say TA-DAH. (Okay, maybe I don't say TA-DAH.) :)


To create all those hearts, I used the new Cascading Hearts die from Fun Stampers Journey. It's SUCH a cool die, but to achieve this look, after I die-cut it, I trimmed pieces of it off. Let me show you...
This is what the die looks like - the frame you see is a full card size, so adhere this to your card front, add a sentiment and you have an awesome quick card, using this die. But for today's card, i trimmed that bottom section of hearts, and just rounded off the edges where it touches the border. I LOVE finding versatile uses for my products, and this was definitely a fun way to make a new use for the die.
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you're working on some Valentines, I'd love to see them! Link them up in the comments and I'll stop by and say hello! 

Also, I'd love you to follow my Valentine board on Pinterest where I'm collecting cute Valentine projects!
Hugs! xoxo


1 comment:

Kathy Martin said...

Ooh la la...love how you cut out just a portion of the die! :)