Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day Cupid card and envelope {Fun Stampers Journey}

Hi friends! As February is upon us, tis the season for pink and red and ishy-squishy Valentine's projects! Today I'd love to share a project with you that's just a little sugary sweet, but a little flashy and sassy, thanks to lots of bling, and a pop of BLACK.

I don't really create the sweet, soft, pinky pie Valentines that some manage to create so beautifully. I'm more of a bright and bold kinda girl, so my Valentine cards generally reflect that style too. I love the combinations of pink on this project, along with the bold black contrast.


The Spring Mini catalog, Bloom this Way, from Fun Stampers Journey has these super fun Spring Treat Bags - they'll be fabulous for cookies and goodies - but they're also the perfect size to use as an envelope. So I created a fancy envelope for my card. (This will be a hand-delivered card and envelope!) 

One of my very favorite new items in the Bloom This Way catalog is the Love Buds - the beautiful rolled paper roses. They come in a package with pink and red ones. And I'm using them on EVERYTHING. They're absolutely gorgeous! 


Just a few other design notes....to create the black heart, I die cut it from black cardstock and then stamped the sentiment in white pigment ink. (I heat set it to dry, because I am impatient!) To add
gloss to my cupid, after stamping and die cutting it, I added some FSJ Journey Glaze to over the top. It adds such a beautiful shiny finishing touch!

All of the products on this project can be found at Fun Stampers Journey! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! If you're working on Valentine projects, I'd love to see them! Link up your blog in the comments, and I'll stop by and visit! xoxo

No comments: