Friday, February 19, 2016

Off To See The World! {Fun Stampers Journey}

Hello friends!

I've been spying some cards I created for Fun Stampers Journey, out on social media and I thought I'd pop in and share them here! (Big thanks to the FSJ Journey Crew for the awesome photography!) 

Today's cards feature the Going Places collection. I love the funky, collage vibe that these projects have. I never thought I'd be able to pull of the  funky, collage type project, but I am really starting to love it! Part of the challenge (for me anyway) is that it's easy to lose a focal point when I'm trying to layer all kinds of cool junk on my project. The Sun Rays die that I used in the background of this card REALLY helped me keep a clear focal point. I tried to remember my rules about groups of threes and visual triangles (see the triangle created by the globe, and enamel dots?)

And next up, a little tag trio. I did a little layering with background stamps and washi tape, and I used a color combination that was a little more challenging to me. (Purple and I....we're still learning to get along.) 

And last but not least, a LOT of stamp layering on this card! This was a fun card layout to create. (In fact, I created a couple of cards following this same formula.) I stamped all kinds of crazy on my white card base, and then stamped my sentiment on a strip of white cardstock and adhered it over the top with foam tape. That stripe gave me a clean spot to put my sentiment, and it also broke up a little of the mad stamping underneath! (And did you see? Purple again! Go me!) 


So my friends, there are your lessons for the day. . . . Create a visual triangle, leave some white space, and try not to hate purple. And just in case you can't live without any of the groovy cool supplies I used today, (not that I'm enabling you or anything) here are a few links to live by:


 Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!
xoxo

PS. For more Fun Stampers Journey inspiration, check out my FSJ board on Pinterest, where I pin some of my creations, as well as projects from the other designers!

No comments: