Monday, March 21, 2016

Happy Easter cards!

A sweet friend at my church asked me if I could create some Easter cards for her to send, and I was happy for an excuse to dig through my crafty stash and pull some cards together. I am just SMITTEN with Avery Elle's Banner & Wreath stamp set. A few weeks ago I used it to create a set of condolence cards, and today, with a few minor tweaks, it's perfect for Easter! Please excuse my photos - I just snapped these as I was working, and I completely forgot to photograph them properly, before handing over the cards! 
The Happy Easter sentiment I used is from Lil' Inker Designs - and I was THRILLED that it fit perfectly in the banner! I've been using my watercolor pencils like a crazy person lately, so I had THE best time coloring all these images. Then, I sat in the car line at school and trimmed all the little pieces out, and assembled the cards when I got home. 

I love using a splatter of Fun Stampers Journey's Silks in the background of my simple cards - the Silk comes in a bottle like nail polish, and you just give a little flick onto your card, and out splatters a shimmery fun splash of color. On these cards I used the Bubble Gum Silk, which is probably my favorite - but it might be a tie with the Cool Pool Silk, which is an amazing greenish blue color.

For a little variety, I created some cards with patterned paper eggs too. The egg is from The Stamps of Life eggs2hunt stamp set, and it's so much fun - it's just the outline, so I stamped it on assorted patterned papers, and assembled these cards quickly and easily! 

I hope you've enjoyed a little Easter inspiration - there's still time to whip up some Easter goodies before the big day! Thanks so much for stopping by! xoxo

1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

Such beautifully sweet cards Laura!