Monday, October 3, 2016

Reach For The Stars: Using Product Creatively {FSJ}

Hello friends! Raise your hand if you have a crafty stash that seems to be the size of Mt. Everest. (Yeah, I see ya'll...and don't worry, my hand is raised too!) Raise your hand if despite that mountain of delicious craftiness, there's still something you're missing. (Yeah...same here.) 

Today's card shows off a creative solution to my "missing product." I wonder if you can figure out what the "missing product and it's creative solution" is. Take a gander.....any guesses?

Okay, give up? Or maybe you guessed it? I was wishing and searching for some kind of lined paper. I wanted a little notepad sheet. I was content with lined paper or grid paper. And I had none. No stamp, no printed stock with lines or grids. But I did have that fabulous pad of Grid Paper that you see in this photo. It's a great big pad that I use on my work surface, and tear off the top sheet whenever it's just too messy to work on. BINGO! I trimmed a rectangle of grid paper, and then I punched holes along the side. I snipped from each hole to the side of my paper, just like a spiral notebook, and then fluffed the edges a bit to make it look more realistic. I am so happy with my creative solution! 

After my brainstorm, I just layered up some other fun elements, and BAM, called it done. A simple solution for a fun card. So, do tell - did you know what my missing product was? Comment and let me know what you thought! And then, think about what YOUR missing product is - can you create it with your own Mt. Everest of crafty goodness? (I bet you can!) Thanks so much for stopping by!!! xoxo

PS Do you follow me on Pinterest? I'm always pinning crafty bits, recipes, and colorful inspiration! 

Supplies used on this project:

1 comment:

Rose Curtis said...

super cute Laura, I love your lined paper too!