Monday, April 17, 2017

Stamping A Layered Background {Rainbow Fish}


Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend! We ate WAY too much sugar, and had a lot of fun celebrating with friends and family. And now the kids are suddenly counting down the days till summer vacation (yikes!) 

Today I want to share a card I created using Fun Stampers Journey's new Rainbow Bubbles stamp set. It's part of the 2017 Spring Into Summer mini catalog, and this stamp set has so many fun possibilities for coloring and embellishing. For today's card I wanted to create a fishy background. I really love creating stamped backgrounds, and I thought I'd show you a little step by step because there are a LOT of layers to this fun summery card. 

I started off with the fish. To create the two-color fish, start with the LIGHTEST ink color first. Dab about half the fish onto the ink pad, and then dab the other half (or so) onto the darker ink. I used Electric Lime, Turbo Teal, and Huckleberry Fusion for my fishy friends.

Next, add bubbles using the same two-color technique for some of them.
Then add in the coral stamp, using Cool Pool ink. It's light and subtle, so you can stamp right over the fish to add some interesting texture. 

I still felt like there was too much white at this point, so next up I used the Ink Splat stamp, also with Cool Pool ink, and I only stamped along the edges of my cardstock.
Loving how that looks, but it's still too WHITE for my taste.... so I pulled out the new FSJ daubers. I used the small size. Our daubers are really cool because the sponges VELCRO onto the handle. I keep a dauber for each color family, in a little mason jar so I can easily switch between colors. I added sponged dots in Turbo Teal and Electric Lime. 
And for the finishing touch, drag the cardstock edges along the Turbo Teal ink pad to distress the edges a bit, and then splatter that baby with Sparkle Silk and Cool Pool Silk. 
A simple sentiment and a few finishing details were all this card needed. I LOVE to play with layers and colors on my cards, and I absolutely love creating colorful backgrounds. So now, pick your favorite stamp set, and see what you can create! (And link it up in the comments - I'd love to come by and see what you make!) Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a BEAUTIFUL week! xoxo


Supplies:
Rainbow Bubble Stamp Set SS-0418
Ink Splat Stamp
Dauber Dowel Small
Pool Play Sparkle Tape

 


1 comment:

artcraftd.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card!
Dobi
www.artcraftd.blogspot.com