Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Be Brave card - inlaid diecutting {Fun Stampers Journey and RG}

 Hello friends! This card feels a little too autumn for summertime, but I've had the poor thing sitting for months, just waiting to be shared. I created it for an autumn magazine call, but it didn't get any publication love. So maybe you can love it instead! ;)

I used a combination of products from Fun Stampers Journey and the RG retail line, by Richard Garay, and I'll link them all up below.  My favorite thing about this card is the background die. It's the Pennant Pattern die from RG, and I used corrugated stock to cut it from. I LOVE the texture it adds!
After cutting the background from corrugated stock, I cut it again using Blue Lagoon and Pumpkin Bread cardstocks. From that cutting, I just used the triangles, and popped them into some of the empty spaces.

The rest of the card came together quickly. I diecut some sweet sprigs of leaves and berries, stamped up a tag, and added a few embellishments (like glaze on the sprig of berries for shine!) Without that beautiful background, this card would be a little blah, but all put together, the colors play off each other, and the shapes and textures keep the eye roaming around to catch every detail.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Come on over and check out FSJ and RG on Pinterest, for lots more inspiration, tutorials, and more! (And hey, while you're at it...follow ME out on Pinterest too!) xoxo

Supplies:




2 comments:

Nancy said...

Very clever and creative!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous, love all the details!