Thursday, July 20, 2017

Hello Love scrapbook layout {watercolor stamping}

Stamping with watercolor...it's a little messy, but so worth it! For today's layout, I used the brand new Hello Love stamp set from Fun Stampers Journey. I'm a little partial to this stamp set, because I drew the sentiments in it! Paired with some super cool images created by the graphic designers at Fun Stampers Journey, this stamp and die set is definitely one of my favorites in the new 2017 catalog. 
To create this, I started out with a sheet of Whip Cream cardstock. I gave it a few little spritzes of water, and then I stamped the circle stamp onto an acrylic block that I dripped some Limeade Splash Liquid Color onto. Liquid Colors are the new dye inks from FSJ. They come in a bottle, similar to a reinker, but you can use them for watercolor techniques, and so much more. So I tapped my stamp right onto the Liquid Color, and then onto the cardstock. Wherever the cardstock was especially wet, the color ran and blended and did super cool things! It's pretty fun, yes? And the areas that were dry, the image stamped more clearly. I love the way it turned out. 


After that, I layered up some dies, papers, a few more stamped details and of course the photo of my cutie pie baby-who's-not-a-baby-anymore. The hardest part of this layout is looking at that chubby baby who keeps growing up. (That, and waiting for my wet watercolor to dry so I could finish working!) 

Don't be afraid to PLAY with messy watercolor techniques like this. They won't always work the first time. I played a little to figure out what the ink and water would do, and sometimes - things just look awful. That's okay! Try, try again! Sometimes the process is more valuable than the product, and there's nothing wrong with that! It's ART! Have FUN! xoxo

Supplies:
Hello Love Die Set DI-0347 (includes dies for each of the sentiments)
cutie pie baby - not for sale. ;) 

SaveSave

No comments: