Monday, October 2, 2017

Cheerful Layered Floral Card {P.S. I Love You}




Hello friends! It was one of those days that I needed to set aside everything on the To-Do list, and make something pretty. I pulled out my favorite colors, and some of my favorite stamps. I went back to my clean and simple roots (I've been straying from those roots, which isn't necessarily a bad thing...) but this felt GOOD. Give me bright colors, some enamel dots, washi, and something simple I can stamp and fussy cut, and I am a HAPPY HAPPY GIRL. I hope you like it!
I kept the flowers all super simple. I stamped tone-on-tone for each of the colors, trimmed them, and popped two of them up on foam squares. The washi tape made a perfect grounding for the flowers. (Don't you wish glitter was a real ground covering instead of grass? Actually it would be so messy I'd become a hermit and never leave my house- but I do like the thought of it.) 


 To finish off the flowers I added some dimensional glaze for shine. Shiny flowers are happy flowers!
And that my friends is all I've got for you today. Simple and sweet, and I'm okay with that. I love y'all and I hope your day is filled with glittery goodness and bright flowers! Big hugs! xoxo
Supplies used on today's card: 
(all from Fun Stampers Journey)
cardstock and ink colors: 
Huckleberry Fusion, 
Turbo Teal, 
Watermelon Fusion, 
Lemon Drop and Summer Days 
(Lemon Drop cardstock and Summer Days ink)

2 comments:

Pam said...

Sweet card. Love your fun, cheerful flowers. Those colors are some of my faves!

Karen Schroeder said...

Love your card! So bright and cheerful!