Monday, October 23, 2017

Happy Haunting Halloween Cards

Hello friends! I really love making Halloween cards, but the problem is....I never SEND Halloween cards. Halloween colors are so bold and bright and I love layering on fun sparkly embellishments! 
I did a lot of colored pencil coloring on today's spooktacular cards, and I hope you like them! 

I really layered on the color on this spooky pumpkin dude. The trick is to start light with the colored pencils, for easier blending, but then just keep on layering. I used a few shades of orange, plus some browns and gray to add the darker shadows. I think the glitter was a fun accent to really jazz him up too! 

On my little ghosty guy, I stamped him on River Stone cardstock first and then added color with a white colored pencil. It's a pretty cool effect, isn't it? I added dimensional Journey Glaze to his candelabra and his candy for a finishing touch.

Supplies used on today's projects:
(shhhh, don't tell...the star patterned vellum 
on my first card is discontinued.)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!! I hope you have a GHOSTLY and SPOOKTACULAR weekend! xoxo

PS. Looking for more Halloween inspiration? Check out Halloween projects that I've previously shared here on my blog: Lauralooloo's Halloween projects


Pin me! 

2 comments:

Pam said...

These are fabulous cards, Laura! Love all the embellies!

AStampingNut said...

These must be sent out! I will volunteer my address if needed. ��