Thursday, December 7, 2017

Winter Watercolor Trees {Watercolor Pencils Technique}

Hello friends! I have a clean and simple Christmas card for you today. I had some fun with my Color Splash watercolor pencils to create this. 

First I created a little puddle of water on a palette and scribbled into it with a purple watercolor pencil. I used this as a very watery "ink pad" and stamped right into it. After gently tapping the Fresh Forest trees into the purple color, I stamped them onto white cardstock. (I stamped the "farther back" tree first, and then added a little extra purple to make it darker, before stamping the "closer up" tree.) Then I created another puddle of watercolor, this time in a bright icy blue color, and I simply tapped each tree in the blue watercolor and stamped right on top of my first two trees. I love the cold icy effect it has.
After adding a sentiment, I used a paint brush and flicked a little remaining watercolor across the card, as well as added some glitter and Sparkle Silk to my trees.
As day 2 of FSJ's 12 Days of Deals, our Color Splash and Color Burst pencils are 20% off for today only! I have told you guys before...I am really a pencil snob. I like REALLY GOOD colored pencils and watercolor pencils, and I am telling you the honest truth, these are the best pencils I've ever used! 

Get the scoop on all of the 12 Days of Deals right here.

 Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope your weekend is fabulous and festive as the days fly by towards Christmas! xoxo


2 comments:

Pam said...

Gorgeous card, Laura! /i love that technique! So pretty!

Karen Schroeder said...

Wow! Your card is absolutely beautiful! I’m definitely going to try this technique...it creates such a cool look!