Friday, July 13, 2018

Three Quick and Sneaky 12x12 Scrapbooking Tricks

Colorful Journey scrapbook page by laura williams featuring fun stampers journey color pop, and flower tangle stamp sets | three sneaky scrapbooking tips using stamps and dies #lauralooloo #funstampersjourney #scrapbooking
This past January I had the EXTREME joy and privilege to have one of my bestest pal's baby girl stay with us for ten days. Her mama had an opportunity of a lifetime, and she wasn't going to go except I pretty much stole her baby and forced her to. (Well, not exactly...but I would have if she hadn't taken me up on my offer to chill with my little baby pal.) She is actually and truly the best baby ever. She slept like a champ, and she did SO SO good with us. The best part? My girlfriend sent her with all her cute dresses and adorable shoes, so I got to play baby-dress-up every day. (Something I haven't gotten to do with my own two boys!!!) 

I used some fab new Fun Stampers Journey goodies for this layout. Lots of goodness from the Colorful Journey collection, as well as some border dies, and other little pretties. I'll point out a few quick tricks and ideas along the way, and then I'll leave you to your weekend. (I'm actually on vacation as you read this...and as I type this, I'm trying to get out the door - so I'll keep it short and sweet!) 

First tip/trick - our new Border Essentials Dies  - they aren't 12 inches long but by pairing two pieces together, tucked behind my circles, it gives the illusion of being 12 inches! YAY! I'm so sneaky!

Next tip/trick - that gorgeous flowered background that I stamped on the pink cardstock? It's not that big either! IT looks like a piece of printed paper, doesn't it?! Nope, just stamp four images side by side. There was a little bit of a seam showing where they met, but my photos completely disguised it! YAY! Sneaky again!

Last tip/trick for today - it's tough to see on my photos, but I stamped the Grid Paper background stamp onto my journaling piece, using Pool Play ink. And guess what? That gave me lines to write on, so I didn't have to worry about my journaling being crooked! Triple YAY!!! 

Okay you guys, seriously I have got to RUN. Vacation calls. I hope you've had THE best time celebrating the Fun Stampers Journey catalog launch for the past two weeks with us! It has been a BLAST. But don't be a stranger - there's always fun up our sleeve, and crafty goodness to share across all of our social media channels! Thanks so much for stopping by today! Happy crafting! xoxo

Products used on today's project:



2 comments:

char said...

WOW!!! You really are so talented!!!!! This is such a cute page and the tips are AWESOME!!!
Seeing your pages makes me want to start scrapbooking again!!!! :)

Cathy said...

I love it. great tips :)