Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Happy Haunting Halloween card with the Journey Gel Press

Halloween cards are so much fun to make because: 
bright bold colors paired with black and white. 
google eyes. 
pumpkins. 
fall.
did i mention black and white? 
cute bats.
adorable ghosts. 
AND the cutest skeletons you've ever seen, like these from the FSJ Skeletons Dance Stamp and Die Sets. 

The inspiration for this card was a little piece of a Gel Press print that I had leftover from a previous project. It was a mixture of Electric Lime, and maybe Sweet Pear Re-inkers. I thought it would be a super fun color for a friendly skeleton. I embossed him with white embossing powder, and  die cut him. I also had that fabulous window all die cut already, plus the black tree. I had been playing around with the tree and window a few weeks ago, but nothing really came together. I'm so glad I kept those pieces, because all they needed was a cute skeleton to pull the scene together! 
 For the sky behind that window, I was inspired by one of my all-time favorite cards, that I created last Halloween, with the Gel Press. (You can find it here, plus I'll link it at the end of this post.) I put down a row of drops of Turbo Teal Re-Inker, and then Cosmic Grape Re-Inker onto the Gel Press and brayered it out. Then I splattered it with Sparkle Silk and pulled a print. BAM! There's my funky night sky! So easy, and I love the way the colors blended together.
And y'all - can we talk about those EYE BALLS?! Those are the Monster Eyes stickers, from the new Journey Holidays Trends Mini Catalog. And they are flipping ADORABLE. Aren't they perfection on that tree!? LOVE it. There are a variety of sizes on the sheet, so no matter what you're creating, you'll find some perfect little eyes!
 I finished off this card with a Cosmic Grape envelope that I created with the FSJ Scoring Board. Loving it, and can't stop making envelopes to coordinate with my cards!

Thanks so much for coming by today!!! I hope you enjoyed this Be Amazing inspiration!! xoxo

Supplies used on today's card:


 Looking for more Halloween inspiration? (And the Gel Press inspiration behind this card!) 

2 comments:

martyzstamps said...

So love this card! Every time you post something, I want to buy what I don't already have!!! Stop! You are fueling my addiction. LOL

Unknown said...

There is so much that I absolutely love about this creation! It is so spooky in an adorable way! Love the colors and that gel press background and so much more!!!