Wednesday, September 5, 2018

It's a Turkey Party Thanksgiving Card! {with vellum and washi tape tips}

The turkeys in the Turkey Party stamp set, from Fun Stampers Journey, are adorable! So much fun to color but equally adorable just straight up stamped and left alone. I did both for this festive Thanksgiving card. I stamped the background in Hazelnut Blend ink, but then I used my Color Burst colored pencils to color in the main turkey dude, and pumpkin.  

Washi Tape Trick!

Here's a little trick I'll share when using washi tape. I really love the way this dotted washi complements the colors in my card - but frequently washi tape is fairly transparent. Against the dark cardstock, the pattern was lost. So I adhered the strip of tape to white cardstock and trimmed it down, tore one edge just like tape, and adhered it. BAM. The pattern is perfectly contrasted, and the tape looks great!

Vellum Trick! 

I frequently use vellum on cards that have a busy background. The colored turkey would have been chaos on this already-busy background, but I also didn't want to lose too much of the cute background pattern by adding a solid shape over it. Adding a layer of vellum (especially with that sweet stitching) keeps your eye on the focal point of the card, while still able to enjoy the cute background. (Seriously, did you see the little Gobble Gobble Gobble stamp in there? So stinkin' cute!)

One More Trick? 

I'll give you a bonus trick! Grab the FSJ Scoring Board and create  coordinating envelopes for your handmade cards. See how easy it is, on this quick tutorial I created. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a MOST beautiful day! xoxo


Supplies used on this card:

Looking for more autumn inspiration? Check out these posts! 





No comments: