Monday, September 3, 2018

Martha's Pumpkins Pastel Card for Fall


Last week I shared a fall card with a rather unexpected color palette - bright pink, red, and peach. (You can find that card HERE.) Today, completely without planning it, I have another fall card to share, using the same Color Me Fall background stamp in a whole new way, as well as another slightly not-so-fall color palette.
I created this card at a totally different time as the card I shared last week - but it's funny that I used the same background stamp, the same leaf die, and the same overall idea of stretching the norms for a color scheme. All products and ideas that I love, I suppose!!!

For this card, I used The Good Life collection of colors. Aren't they just dreamy and gorgeous!? During the month of September, ALL of FSJ's cardstock and ink pads are ON SALE! It's a great chance to stock up on your favorite colors! Each week this month I'll be sharing projects focusing on each of FSJ's color families. (In fact, I'll be back in two days with another one!)
But back to today's card - I think we should address the background of this card because I have a TIP to share, as well as a confession . . . I don't have FSJ's new Fresh Sage cardstock yet. What the WHAT?! I just keep forgetting to order it, but I really wanted to use Fresh Sage on this card. I do have Fresh Sage Re-Inker and ink pad though, so I brayered a little ink out onto the Gel Press and pulled a print on white cardstock. This first print was pretty dark. Then I rolled out the remaining ink from the brayer, and pulled a second print, also on white cardstock, which gave me a lighter shade. I stamped the Color Me Fall background stamp, onto the lighter print, using my Fresh Sage ink pad. PERFECTION. And then I used that darker print as matting behind it. I also used part of it to die cut my leaves from.
I love that I was able to find a way to use this gorgeous color, even though I was missing the cardstock. (And not to worry, by the time you read this, I should have some Fresh Sage cardstock on it's way to me!)  

To complement the Fresh Sage, I stamped some of Martha's Pumpkins in Peaches and Cream ink onto Peaches and Cream cardstock. I added a strip of woodgrain printed paper from FSJ's The Good Life Prints, and added some pearls, sequins, and that die cut circle behind the pumpkin - just so the whole card wasn't TOO busy. A splatter of Fresh Sage Silk was the perfect finishing touch. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you like my pastel pumpkin! If you missed last week's VERY bright and bold autumn card, you can find it below! xoxo

Supplies used on today's card:

Check out another card featuring the Color Me Fall Stamp Set! 

2 comments:

Christine Chan said...

Beyond beautiful! Love ❤️

taniawillis said...

GORGEOUSNESS! And a GREAT tip! I’m inspired!