When Unity's January Kit of the Month came out, I was SO excited to play with this peacock. . . .and this week (yes, THIS week) I finally did. It's just embarassing, that it took me so long - I was sick for umm. . a long time people, let us not forget. ;)
I have had some pretty good sized scraps of this beautiful Kaiser Craft paper, leftover from a card kit . . .and it was begging to be used - or trashed - and I couldn't let that happen, so I got busy. (You'll see some more cards with this paper, throughout the next few weeks!)One more thing I'd like to point out on this card . . .my newly developed, highly technical Faux Brad technique. (Sounds fancy and important, doesn't it?) Here are the difficult instructions: make a dot with a black Sharpie. Put a dot of Liquid Glass (or some other clear liquid dimensional substance) on top. Let it dry. Ta-da, faux brads.
I colored this lovely little peacock with colored pencils, and added some pizazz with a Sharpie gold paint pen. That's it folks!! Pretty simple, and completely ocassion-less, but awfully cute :) So, DO TELL. . .what kind of ocassion would YOU give this card for????? Help me out here!
Gorgeous card!!
ReplyDeleteIf you go to this blog it gives the symbolic meanings for the peacock. Hope it helps.
http://symbolic-meanings.com/2007/08/17/symbolic-meaning-of-peacocks/
oooh, this is gorgeous! I think that it would definitely work for wedding or anniversary, but when I look at it I see graduation...with a sentiment inside something like... "You stand out in a crowd!"
ReplyDeleteI love your faux brad idea too...so creative! smiles...
I can imagine the inside saying Congradulations, Great Job, or You Are Special. I will use your fake brad idea soon. Jill S
ReplyDeletelove the faux brad idea!!! :) i agree with Christy... love it as a graduation card!!!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card! I often look at the peacock and wonder, hmmm, what can I do with him?! You've shown me a possibility! Love the faux brads.
ReplyDeleteFrom the info that Tonya left, which is really awesome, I could see graduation, encouragement, new job... something along those lines. Maybe a little excerpt from the description of the symbolism of the peacock adhered to the back so that the receiver gets the big picture.
great card Laura! I think this card could be used for almost any occasion. You could definetly pull it off for a wedding or graduation because the colors are so classic. You could do thank you, thinking of you, miss you - pretty much anything.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first saw this cute little peacocks face I thought he was thinking "oh you're not feeling so good?" But with the colors/papers you used it could be used for some many things. I love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card! I had a look at Tonya's website - how interesting was that! Think I'll be hooked on that site now! I could see it really being used for any occasion - anything from Good Luck to Thinking of You
ReplyDeleteLove the faux brads idea ... I'll definately be using that!
Beautiful...what a fun, fun card. :) Fab design too! :)
ReplyDeleteLaura: I love the idea of the faux brads. This is really great! Thanks for the tip.
ReplyDeleteHugs
I'm with you - the peacock is wonderful!!!
ReplyDelete