Thursday, June 16, 2011

retro tech and geeky!

Good morning, good morning! It's a gloomy RAINY (thank GOD!) day here today.  We need the rain SO badly, and the wildfires in FL and GA have been awful.  We stayed inside all day yesterday because of the smoke.  But thankfully, we had a MAJOR storm this morning, and things are not quite as smoky so far. And we certainly need the rain.
Okay, I have a few things to share with you today! First off, two cards. (Yes, TWO!) I created both of these with a stamp set from Close To My Heart.  It's called Retro Tech, and it has very cool vintage looking images of phones, a television, record player, camera, etc.   I have been making some SUPER SIMPLE, clean and graphic cards with these stamps.  And I love them!  They are so quick and easy, I thought I'd better share two of them today!
On this first card, I cut some squares of cardstock (great way to use up scraps!) to create the bottom border.  And i stuck a rhinestone jewel over the camera flash.

I stamped the records on Close To My Heart cardstock, using the colors Cotton Candy, Pear, and Breeze.  We've recently discussed my obsession with Aqua shades, and Breeze is probably the color that started the obsession.  CTMH discontinued the color last year, and I have never really gotten over my despair! I keep trying to stop using it. . .but I just can't. (Sniff, sniff.)  Me and CTMH need to have a serious conversation!

Have a fabulous week! I am off now to create a Father's Day card with my little men.  I won't be stamping on it, but if you want a sneak peek. . . .check out this link.  If you have a technology geek in your house, you might want to try it too!!! It's clever and cool, and PERFECT for my (adorable) geek husband. (I think it's safe to assume he won't be reading this!!!) 


Have a fabulous day!!!!
xoxo

No comments: