Monday, December 12, 2011

cake time!

this is my bad-blogger excuse of the week. . . (you know, aside from Christmas chaos and a week's vacation) My Mr. B is seven years old!!!! We've been celebrating for DAYS now, I think. For this weekend's celebration with family, he requested a giant cupcake with blue frosting.  And his wish is my command (at least for one day out of the year!)  I used some Target Dollar Bin fake "Thickers" and two circle punches to spell out my little man's name.  (It took all of five minutes, and I think it looks pretty cute!)

And because I know you are really here to see some cards, here is a cute one using December's stamps from The {Stamps} of Life.  I stamped the mint candy, and then wrapped it a little scrap of cellophane, and tied it with baker's twine.  (The paper is from Echo Park.)

I hope your Christmas chaos is fun, and full of family, and festivity! Now that Bryce's birthday celebrations are officially OVER, I can concentrate on Christmas!  We've made cinnamon applesauce ornaments, which are happily drying on a rack on top of the fridge, and making my house smell marvelous.  Our gingerbread house (which I must admit was a royal DISASTER both creatively, and literally) is perched where it can't be touched by toddler fingers. I'm pretty sure I hear it begging to go into the garbage can, and to kindly be put out of its misery.  I think next year we will have a gingerbread village, so we can each do our OWN house. ;)

And now, I must go clean up PlayDoh from the kitchen floor, and help my big seven-year-old finish his homework!  Let's all hope for an easy bedtime, so I can get on to the FUN stuff . . .a little card-making with NEXT month's TSOL stamps. . . (oooooh! just you wait!!!!!)

xoxo

2 comments:

scrappingnana said...

Love the big cupcake and the way you added his name. Pretty card also. TFS

Anonymous said...

Laura, I am very impressed with your designs....I am going to keep you on my favorites to get inspiration! I have seen The Stamps of Life every month for years and I like them too.