Sunday, May 12, 2013

{my Utah adventures!} part 1

It feels a little overwhelming to try and recap my time in Utah.  I'll do my best, but it will probably be totally disorganized, and it will include quite a lot of random thoughts and memories. . . .
are you ready?

I left for Utah on my birthday, and my anniversary.  I was so happy to celebrate with my family the day before.  This was the FIRST time I had ever flown or traveled any distance on my OWN. Completely by myself.  It was sort of fun, although sort of stressful to be responsible for myself!  It was kind of nice to not have to worry about entertaining kids on the plane.  No crayons rolling on the floor, or sippy cups spilling in my lap. 

I met up with the first four of the GTG's at the hotel, (Kimberly arrived shortly after I did) and it was a super fun moment, to walk in and see them sitting there in the lobby.  There were many hugs, but I had that slightly awkward feeling of "I just met you, even though I sort of feel like I know you, and this is so overwhelming, I don't really know what to say!" That all ended very quickly though!!!!  I went up to my room, to find a dozen roses waiting for me, sent from my husband! (He gained major husband-points from the other girls, and from me! What a gem!)

Soon, Jennifer (PC's editor in chief) came and picked us up and took us to her house, where her family graciously sacrificed her home for most of our meetings and brainstorming sessions.  She had it stocked with candy, and soda to help us work hard!  

The rest of the day, and much of the next day was filled with a recap of the past year's issues, plus brainstorming for the coming year. {Eeeks, I have to tell you, I am SUPER excited about all there is to come!}  I really loved learning a lot more about the magazine industry, and seeing how things roll behind the scenes.  I have a much better understanding of each editor's job, and how the whole team works together to form a cohesive unit.  It's pretty awesome what the team of Paper Craft's staff accomplishes together!!! I am so honored to be a small part of it! 

{See? We WORKED!}

{Birthday cupcakes! Heather's birthday was two days before mine!} 


So here are a few pictures of me and all my new-old friends. . .many of them I already considered friends, but man, to HUG them and see their sweet faces in person, and TALK to each of them, was so good for my heart!!!!!

{Susan Opel}

{Heather Campbell}

{being goofy with Teri Anderson. . .the girl NEVER makes a normal smiley face for the camera!}

{Kimberly Crawford}

{Coffee run with Jennifer Schaerer}

{the sweetest sweetheart. . .Cath Edvalson}

I'll take a break and come back in a day or two and share some more pictures!!! We visited some great companies in Utah, did some shopping, and had some serious FUN!!! {Oh. . .and we ATE. and ATE. and ATE!}

{Big thanks to all my partners in crime who shared pics with me!!!!!}

1 comment:

Karisse said...

Glad you shared!!! I miss you! I kinda wish I lived next door and was married and had a few kids so that we could play together and our kids could play together and our husbands could be besties. Oh, and well, we'd live next door from each other again. #alovelydream