Monday, September 19, 2016

How to Stamp With Watercolors -Tutorial {featuring Fun Stampers Journey}

Hello friends! There are always so many things to be thankful for, and this week I have quite a few thank you notes I want to get in the mail, so I thought I'd make something colorful and fun that I could mass-produce easily. And while I was at it, I thought I'd take you along and show you how I put together this card set. Care to join me!? 

I created 8 4x4-inch cards. I chose 4x4, because I can create four cards out of a sheet of 12x12 cardstock. There's one square left over, but we'll use that scrap later on. 

Next, drop a little water onto a nonporous surface, and scribble a watercolor pencil into the puddle, until you create the desired color intensity.

Stamp directly into the watercolor puddle. I used the Thank You So Much stamp set from Fun Stampers Journey.  It has a fun background splat shape, and the watercolor may pool, puddle, and splatter - which is exactly what we're going for! Each card will turn out a little different - and that's part of the beauty!
After cleaning your stamp, and letting the watercolor dry (use a heat tool or hair dryer, if you're impatient like I am,) ink the stamp again using an ink pad. Stamp it right on top. Then splatter FSJ Silk over the top.

Next up, stamp the sentiment with black ink, right on top. 

Remember that scrap we had left over? Grab that, or any little scrap of white cardstock and stamp the sentiment again, trimming around the banner. Adhere it to the card.


After I completed the cards (a few are shown below) I decided they really needed a few sequins on them. The Pink World sequins match perfectly with my color palette!


So here's the finished product! I created 8 of these cards in a short amount of time, and I love how they turned out!

If you have any questions, just holler! This was a fun project to get my Monday morning rolling! Have a beautiful week, my friends! xoxo

Supplies I used:
Thank You So Much Stamp Set AT-0213 (This stamp set is a Bloom Benefits set - you can receive it free, when you place a $50 Fun Stampers Journey order!)

3 comments:

Deborah Daniels said...

Super cute card! Thank for the tutorial. I can't wait to try it.

Laurel said...

I love these unique cards. How did you get the cross lines on one of the color splashes, the pink one I think?

Laura Williams said...

Laurel - the rubber stamp has that texture to it! isn't that fun!?