Monday, July 9, 2018

Embrace the Unexpected with a Super Cool Zebra

Hello friends!! Welcome to week 2 of the Fun Stampers Journey launch party! We're having THE best time celebrating our new catalog, our new logo, and SO many new products! Today I am thrilled to share this SUPER COOL stamp set, called Escape the Ordinary. It's part of the new Colorful Journey collection, and it has so many fun possibilities. First of all - a ZEBRA!? Oh my CUTENESS.  This stamp set has coordinating dies, which made cutting him out a total breeze! I embossed my friendly zebra with white onto black cardstock. I'm seeing people do a ton of creative techniques with this guy, and he is SO cool. 


For the purple background, I used a gel press print that was hanging around. (I've been doing a lot of that lately - finding a print, that I may or may not know how I created it, and using it for a project.) I know I used Cosmic Grape for this - I *think* it's Cosmic Grape Re-Inker, and it definitely has some splatters of Sparkle Silk in it. I die cut the panel with the Lots of Dots background die, and mounted it on a black card base. LOVE LOVE LOVE that background die! 


I've started filing away my Gel Press prints in with my cardstock scraps. I keep all my cardstock scraps in a bucket, divided by color. So in this case, I had this print stashed with my purple cardstock so it was all ready to use. It's working out quite nicely, and I'm actually USING some of the fun prints I've made. Use the Gel Press with Cosmic Grape Re-Inker to create a beautiful background, and then die cut it with the Lots of Dots background die. The zebra is embossed on this fun and funky handmade card created by Laura Williams using Fun Stampers Journey stamps and dies #lauralooloo #funstampersjourney #handmadecards #rubberstamping #FSJColorfulJourney #gelpress
I'm really digging the pop of Turbo Teal on this card too. I'm telling you, a little teal or aqua is perfect on just about anything! Thanks so much for coming by today! Be sure to follow Fun Stampers Journey to keep up with all the launch party goodness this week. You'll find daily weekday LIVE videos on our Facebook page, and lots of new inspiration on our blogInstagram, and Pinterest. Plus blog posts from the FSJ concept designers too! We're so excited to share with you!

Products on today's project:

Looking for more inspiration? 
Don't miss my toucan card, featuring Toucan Do It! 
Or these patriotic cards, perfect for cards for troops!
And then, check out Mariana Grigsby's sloth cards, featuring the Don't Hurry Stamp Set!

1 comment:

Karen Schroeder said...

OMG! I love it! I can’t wait to get my Escape the Ordinary bundle and play.