Monday, May 18, 2020

Check Out the Faux Stained Glass on These Handmade Cards

Hello friends! It's Old is New Day on the Impression Obsession blog, where we celebrate the oldies-but-goodies in our stamp stash. Today the design team is featuring handmade cards featuring images by Gary Robertson. 
Gary Robertson's style is realistic with beautiful, detailed images. Impression Obsession carries all of Gary's images in red rubber, AND for those moments you can't wait another second, you can also grab them all as digital downloads too. These stained glass images caught my eye - they're a bit different from most of Gary's images but they're just my style with bold lines and shapes. As soon as I saw these stained glass images, I knew I wanted to emboss and watercolor them. 
First, I used the Butterfly Stained Glass stamp. I embossed it using black embossing powder and then colored it with shades of blue and purple watercolor pencil. To add a pop of contrast, I used yellows and oranges for the circle in the background. 

I love watercoloring embossed images, because the embossed lines hold in the color and make it so easy to get into the detailed shapes.  Need a little more help getting started with embossing and watercolor? Click on over here to see more!   

Next, I used the Fish Stained Glass stamp and embossed it in white. The white embossing gives a different look, but paired with bright bold colors, the images still pop. 

I hope you'll stop by the Impression Obsession blog to find links to all the designers participating in Old is New Day, sharing cards featuring Gary Robertson images. 

Supplies Used on Today's Card:

Find all of Gary's images here:

Don't forget, you'll find a great assortment of SALE stamps at IO that are OH.SO.CUTE:
Shop the Discontinued Clear Stamps at 50% off
Find the entire sale section here!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! It's a new beautiful week, and I hope you have a GREAT one. Don't go too far away because I'll be back later this week with some brand new crafty goodness! See you then! xoxo




No comments: