Saturday, March 5, 2011

what the heck . . .a little more cake

More cake.  I just couldn't help myself!!!  This delicious little yellow cake is covered in Lemon Flower Soft.  And pearls.  Yummm. (Well, maybe not truly delicious, but fairly adorable at least!)

I am feeling blog anxiety once again.  Trying to find some balance in my life (again), and figure out what I should spend my time on, and what I should let go of.  I can't totally let go of my blog, because I have responsibilities and commitments to post certain projects regularly.  But I am letting go of the anxiety of not posting as often as I would like.  And I am letting go of the expectations and hopes that my blog would become something that it just isn't.

So that's that.  I'll probably be here once a week or so.  And then again, maybe more.  Who knows.  All I'm saying is that I am letting go of feeling guilty when it's been a week without a post.

So go eat some cake, and stop stressing out.  That's what I'd like to do.  :)
Tomorrow I am making a birthday cake for a special friend of our family.  I'm not sure yet WHAT exactly it's going to be. . .chocolate.  But what pan to use, and what exactly to create. . . .I am not yet sure! I'll letcha know if it turns out fabulous!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this card Laura! Scrumptious ;)
And let me say, I hope you don't feel bad about the frequency/ infrequency of blog posting. You have to do what is right for you and draw strength from knowing that much is true. Finding the balance between those 'committments' and 'responsibilities' can be tough when there are other more important draws on your time. Like family and home. Focusing more on those, and letting the blog slide a little as a result... well, that's fine. It's great becuase that's the way it should be. The right decision ;)
Take care and I hope you can figure out a more balanced approach! Happy cake-baking!!
Hugs, Ruth S