Thursday, September 29, 2011

crafts for sale! :)

One of my favorite childhood books is, Caps For Sale.  I don't have any caps for sale, but I will have some CRAFTS for sale, (but hopefully I won't have to balance them on my head, and hopefully they won't be stolen by monkeys . . .if you're confused, read the book!) Next month my church is having a craft fair and I've decided to have a booth.  My plan was to try and sell of the 200 or so cards that are sitting ALL OVER MY HOUSE.  But I've gone a little crazy, making OTHER things to sell as well.  Hopefully they will sell, otherwise I'll have a lot more than just cards sitting around!
The Christmas tags are about the only things (other than cards) that are fully packaged and ready to go. There are assorted patterns of paper, but they all have a red base, and extra twine for hanging. I LOVE the way these turned out!

a mini composition book.  these books are a little less sturdy than the ones shown below.  I think I'm going do do some kid-themed ones, and package them with a few crayons.

 Thanksgiving Place Cards . . . .loved pulling out my old Kim Hughes stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms, to make these.  They took some time, with all the cutting - but I enjoyed it.  I'll probably sell them for less than what my time is worth, but I had fun - so it's okay!
 A full sized composition book.  I have one all packed and ready to go, but I forgot to photo it.  This one is sort of a vacation/beach theme - a vacation or summer journal maybe????
 another set of Christmas gift tags.  These will have self adhesive on the back.  Pretty quick and simple.  I'm hoping to make up a bunch more of these.  I wasn't originally planning to sell them in the tin, but they might be kind of cute - a tin of tags?????
These are the "nicer" mini composition books.  They have the nice binding on them, and they are a little more detailed.  I love the way they turned out!!!

I haven't finished them yet, to photograph them, but I've done a bunch of candy pails (like the plain pail shown above) They are decorated and have lots of ribbon tied on them.  I'm going to fill some with candy, and some with crayons.  I'll show them to you when they're ready!!!!  I have a few other projects I am hoping to get done.  I still have some time!

This has been a great project to use up a lot of STUFF. . .patterned paper that's been sitting around, and the MASSIVE tangle of baker's twine that a couple of friends and I bought in bulk.  :)  I promise I'll share more pictures when it gets closer!!!

Also, speaking of SALE. . .I still have stamps for sale at 2Peas - you can find the threads here:
assorted stamps for sale
Close To My Heart stamps for sale
PM me at 2Peas if you are interested, or email me at TomatoL at aol dot com.

(project goodies: patterned paper on all of these projects is October Afternoon, all cardstock is Discount Cardstock,  felt pineapple - Sassafras Lass, Thanksgiving stamps - Cornish Heritage Farms, to/from and "just a note" stamps - The {Stamps} of Life, "tooty fruity. . " stamp - My Favorite Things, frame stamps on mini comps - Gina K)

3 comments:

Sue said...

Good luck at your craft sale. You've made some very nice things!

Are you the winner of the Twinery giveaway on this blog?
http://blog.sugarsticksparties.com/

Laura Williams said...

YES!!!!! that's me! :) I'm so excited!

judy said...

I love all the tags, cards and mini
books that you made for the craft
sale! Good luck!!