Tuesday, March 26, 2013

{Sizzix} Easter eggs and me catching up!

I was away with the fam this weekend, enjoying a fun day at SeaWorld. 
Love to get away.
Love to come back home! 
Our official family picture from the trip. Lovely, eh? 

Came home to enjoy Spring Break with the second-grader and the three-year-old, which we ARE enjoying. . .in between wrestling matches, arguments, and general disagreements over important things like: who has the most army men on their team, who has more M&M's in their bowl, and who has received the most attention in the past 5 minutes.  The two of them are a pretty volatile combination right now.  We'll just say my patience is being seriously tested. 

Yesterday I cut out a bunch of Easter eggs, with new dies from Stephanie Barnard and Sizzix.  I made fun little scalloped strips, flowers - CUTE stuff, and got the boys all fired up about decorating paper eggs to give to family members this weekend at our Easter festivities. 
Guess which two little people lost interest after one half of an egg? And guess who ended up making cute eggs, while the boys played and argued {about such important things as listed above.}


Anyhoo, here's a quick picture of my cute eggs.  I attached them to a length of twine, using tiny clothespins, to make an Easter garland.  I have no where to hang my little creation, but I love the way it turned out! 

FYI. . .I'll be back at 9am tomorrow morning.
Join me. . .kay? 

(project goodies: dies - Sizzix, patterned paper - October Afternoon, pearls - Hero Arts, twine - May Arts)

5 comments:

Create It Simply said...

Pretty sure I've already told you but you're awesome :) The eggs are way cut. The boys...well, just be glad they aren't teenage girls...just sayin'

Create It Simply said...

way cute...duh. I need an editor.

Laura Williams said...

Hahaha :) you're so cut too, Tami!

Sue D said...

I raised 4 boys so I understand! Cute egg garland.

Susan aka Mimi said...

I raised ZERO boys, but I get it too.

I will be here at 9 am on Wednesday! Anything special going on? snicker....