Tuesday, March 19, 2013

{Sizzix} Two princesses . . .

 One of the treats I had a few months ago, was designing projects for Stephanie Barnard's new Sizzix products, for CHA (the big Craft and Hobby Association trade show.)  This princess stamp set and dies are a lot of fun to use, which says a lot, since I am not normally a "princess kinda girl".  I have two projects to share with you today, each with their own style and flair!

On this first card, I used the Princess stamps and dies, along with a fabulous textured embossing folder, and the Majestic Labels #2 Framelits dies.  This card came together so quickly, using all of the fun dies. I hardly did any cutting at ALL!!

and the inside of the card. . .


Onward to the second project. . . a little less princess-princess, and a little more ROCKIN' princess.  I created this birthday ensemble, which is actually complete with a matching crown, but I seem to have misplaced the photo! Shown here, you see a favor bag, a cupcake wrapper, and an invitation.  The metallic cardstock (from www.discountcardstock.com)  and zebra print ribbon really gave some POP to this ensemble!  I used some other assorted stamps for the sentiments from The Stamps of Life to finish off these projects.  (The "Jilly" rub-on letters are from American Crafts.)


Don't be afraid to try a totally different style than what you originally "see" when you look at a stamp set!  Break the mold, and try something new!! I bet you'll ROCK it! :)
Thanks so much for coming by today!!!
{Don't forget to scroll down to the next post . . .I'm sending a lucky friend a box of crafty embellies, and it could be YOU!} 
xoxo

1 comment:

Sue D said...

Very cute projects. I am not a princess kinda gal either but I have granddaughters who are.