Tuesday, April 16, 2013

quick and simple thank you cards

I've been so blessed to received goodies from some super generous companies lately, and I wanted to make some cards for them, to show my appreciation.  Plus, I did a little crafty shopping a few months ago, (something I RARELY do) and I haven't had time to get everything inky yet. So, I thought I'd share some product today, that is making me absolutely HAPPY! This first card shows off a SUPER FUN stamp set from Paper Smooches, called I Heart Art.  It's perfection for a card for a crafty friend!  


I whipped up a couple of these cards at one time. They were quick and simple, plus a great way to use up some scraps.  (That paper is Dots and Stripes, from Echo Park.) There's just a little bit of coloring on here, on the easel, and I used some awesome new colored pencils, from Tombow. The Irojiten colored pencils are so smooth - I swear, it was like I was coloring with butter. (Well, not exactly.) But seriously - if you are in the market for colored pencils, I highly recommend these! I have been a Prismacolor pencil girl, for years - and I only have a couple of these Tombow pencils, but they have me craving the whole set!!!  They are absolutely gorgeous. (Sorry. I totally drool over great pencils! It's the art major in me. I can't escape it!) 



Next up, is another quick card, featuring Penny Black clear stamps - AND their paper. This 6x6 stack, called Madison, has bright colors, and cheery patterns.  I am all about BRIGHT and CHEERY so this paper is the perfect addition to my stash! 

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back in a day or two with some more quick thank-you cards, and to share some more of my new favorite things!
xoxo


(other card goodies: cardstock - Discount Cardstock, twine - The Twinery, blue pearls - Hero Arts, ink - Clearsnap)

1 comment:

Sue D said...

wonderful cards. I like the mix of papers on both.