Saturday, February 15, 2014

Smile! {We R Memory Keepers and Avery Elle}

Happy weekend my friends! Are you getting crafty? I have a crafty to-do list a mile long, but most of it is fun, so I'll plug on through!

Today I'd like to share a pretty quick card with you today. I created it for the last Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking call, but it wasn't quite right for the issue - that means I can share it with YOU! I loved using tons of We R Memory Keepers washi tape on this one. I alternated strips of pink and yellow and adhered them at an angle for a little extra interest.

Here's a quick tip - if you'd like to attach twine or ribbon at an angle, use a hole punch. Punch a HALF circle right on both edges of your cardstock, and it will give a nice little spot for your fibers to stay put. Then tie it as desired. If you look closely at this card you'll see the little half-circles.

I used one of my very favorite colors of cardstock on this card. I'm sort of obsessed with it right now - can you believe it? It isn't aqua!? (Although it looks AWESOME with aqua!) It's from WorldWin and it's called Cyclamen Cascata. The color is so bold and fabulous.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend (especially if you have a long weekend! Hooray for Presidents Day!) Thanks so much for stopping by! xoxo

PS OMG, I just saw that We R Memory Keepers has metallic washi tape now! eek! stop by and check it out - plus all the gorgeous other colors it comes in! I'm lacking the aqua washi in my collection. That should go on my list too! ;)

5 comments:

Cami J said...

That card is so cute! Love the colors! Love the washi tape! I'm kinda obsessed with washi tape and I want every color! Thanks for sharing!

Cami J said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dee in N.H. said...

Pretty! Great tip about the little half holes! Have a great weekend!

Sharon in NE said...

Great card design. I love the angles. Also the tip for keeping fibers in place is a good one. Thanks for sharing!

Janis said...

Pretty colors and I love the angled look!

Thanks for the tip abt using a punch to hold the twine in place!! Brilliant!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com

Please visit my brand-new blog: http://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com/