Saturday, December 6, 2014

May Your Holidays Sparkle And Shine {Lil' Inker Designs}


Hello, crafty friends! Welcome to day 1 of the Lil' Inker Designs December release!
Let's get right to the good stuff, shall we? (If you're just starting here, head to the Lil' Inker blog to start the hop!) 

First up, I used the brand new Cover Up Die: Faceted to create this card. I die-cut it from glittered cardstock and then I used a few of the negative cut-outs to create Christmas trees. This sentiment, from the Winter Greetings stamp set, is just perfect for this card! It's hard to see, but I added a little fishing line loop behind the bottom tree. Fishing line is really fun to add a subtle detail on cards. I've been using it a lot lately! (And I think crafting with fishing line is much more fun than fishing with it!)


Next up, a clean and graphic card. Friends, let me tell you about this truly awesome "awesome" word die. It cuts SO nicely. The letters are thin and gorgeous, but it's not hard to work with, like some thin fonts. To create the chevron stripes, I layered the Anytime Tags 2. I stamped the sentiment from the new Hello, Awesome set, and then I finished off the card with some hole-punched cardstock dots. Quick and easy, and flat for mailing! This would be a fun and easy card to mass-produce. 
Remember, each day of our three-day hop, there's a $15 gift certificate up for grabs! So, be sure to comment along the way. 
Next up on the hop is Lea Lawson!


New Lil' Inker Designs products I used:




31 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so fabulous

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

fantastic cards...love the gold on the first and the fabulous color combo on the second!

Creating with Susan said...

These are fantastic! Love how you made the trees on the first one!

Rubeena I. said...

love the gold on the first one!! and I totally need the word "awesome" - second card is super adorable

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE the cover up die! So perfect. Awesome cards.

Celeste Goff said...

The first card is just gorgeous with all of that pretty glitter and I adore the sentiment on the second card!

~amy~ said...

So pretty Laura!

cm said...

Sensational! Sparkly and awesome, indeed!
~c

pcm said...

so excited for this release!

Jen Carter said...

Really like that gold glittery faceted die! It looks great like that! And that's such a creative way to use the tag dies too!

Alyssa S said...

Love your use of the 'trash' from the cover plate! Great cards!

Tami B. said...

Using the cut-outs as trees...how clever. Beautiful work.

Lea Lawson said...

These are so pretty, Laura! LOVING that first one with the sparkle & fishing line....what a fun idea!!

Vankleeck6 said...

Love both these cards! Love all the glitter on the first one and the second is bright and fun!

Anonymous said...

Love that first card. It's so elegant and shiny. Using the gold embossing powder really makes a different. The vellum for the sentiment was a good idea too.
thanks for sharing.

lisa808 said...

Love the glitter.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the bling.

Sue D said...

Awesome cards. My fave is the first one--so sparkly.

Joyce said...

Love them both--incredible.

McStamper said...

Awesome cards. Love how you used the Faceted die.

MelissaF said...

Love the glitter paper and vellum on your first card, and using the die cut triangles for trees is genius! Love the color combo and graphic look of your tag card, both are awesome!

Nina said...

How clever to,use the cut outs as trees. Very pretty cards!

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

Awesome cards!! Love them. Thank you for sharing. Love ya' Patricia B

Bev Karolak said...

Fantastic cards! Love the glitter "trees"! :)

Lynndee said...

Fantastic cards! I loved the faceted background with the glitter paper. I also love how you layered the tags on your second card!

Unknown said...

Hey! I love all the glitter on your card and how you used the pieces of the cover plate as trees!

None None said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Your sparkle and shine card just floored me - I love the background, the trees and the color combination. All in all, a winner in my book!

Amy C. said...

This new overlay is very cool! I love it in the glitter paper!

chera said...

perfect!! Such a great release!

pat k said...

Love the sparkle and shine!

pat k said...

Love the sparkle and shine!